Samsung Galaxy M30S and Samsung Galaxy M31 – comparison 2020
- PTA Tax on Samsung 30 and M31s: 7,000 pkr
- Samsung M30 price in Pakistan: 34,000
- Samsung M31s price in Pakistan: 38,000
In the third quarter of 2019, the Korean manufacturer launched its efficient entry-level smartphone – the Samsung Galaxy M30S. It delighted users with both aesthetic design and advanced computing power. In early 2020, the successor to the Galaxy M30S, the Samsung Galaxy M31, was released. But is it really better than its predecessor?
Samsung Galaxy M30S and Samsung Galaxy M31 – technical parameters
If you compare the front of the Samsung Galaxy M30S and Samsung Galaxy M31 smartphones , you can get the impression that the older Galaxy M30S has a more modern design than the Galaxy M31. This is mainly due to the fact that the manufacturer used a slightly wider screen frame for the Samsung Galaxy M31.
Both smartphones look very similar on the back – there is a fingerprint reader in the middle of the smooth case. The difference, however, is an additional fourth lens and thus an extended panel with cameras on the newer Galaxy M31.
Are there any other differences between the Samsung Galaxy M30S and the Samsung Galaxy M31 in terms of their technical parameters?
Both the Galaxy M30S and the Galaxy M31 have a 6.4-inch AMOLED screen. However, the newer Galaxy M31 also uses a tempered glass (Corning Gorilla Glass) to protect the display.
• The Samsung Galaxy M30S offers its users a wider choice of variants of a particular hardware configuration. The internal memory is available with capacities of 32, 64 and 128 GB as well as RAM with 3, 4 and 6 GB. In the case of the Samsung Galaxy M31, most of the budget configurations have been eliminated, leaving a choice of internal storage with a capacity of 64 and 128 GB and RAM with 6 and 8 GB.
• Last year’s Galaxy M30S runs on the Android 9.0 Pie operating system, while the Galaxy M31 already uses the latest Android 10 and the improved One IU 2.0 interface.
• The Galaxy M31 has a much better camera on the back, the main lens of which is 64 megapixels. The Galaxy M30S has a 48 megapixel camera. The newer Samsung also has a fourth 5-megapixel lens, which is not included in its predecessor’s model.
• The Samsung Galaxy M31 also supports a wider range of audio formats.
Samsung Galaxy M30S and Samsung Galaxy M31 – conclusion
While there isn’t a huge time gap between the Samsung Galaxy M30S and the Samsung Galaxy M31, as the comparison above shows, the newer smartphone is a better choice in several ways. This model has a screen protector, a newer version of the Android operating system and a significantly better camera.
For music lovers, it can be important information that the smartphone supports more audio formats. It is currently available in Germany for around EUR 220-270, so it is not much more expensive than its predecessor.