Reset Apple Watch in 2020 – how does it work?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We’ll show you how to reset your Apple Watch and explain how the soft reset and hard reset differ. Both of these generally help to solve disruptive performance problems.
If your Apple Watch crashes often or runs too slowly, there can be many reasons. Both hardware and software errors are possible, but it could also be a virus or other malware. However, before you panic and spend a lot of money on a repair service or new device, you should reset the Apple Watch. We’ll show you how to perform a soft reset or a hard reset .
Soft Reset: Reset Apple Watch
The simple shutdown and restart of the operating system, the so-called soft reset , often helps to eliminate any problems. Follow the steps below to reset the Apple Watch:
- Holding the side key and crown pressed simultaneously for about ten seconds.
- As soon as the Apple logo appears, you can let go. Now the operating system of the Apple Watch reboots.
Hard Reset: Set up backup and reset Apple Watch
If the gentle tour has no effect, there is a second option to reset the Apple Watch with the hard reset . However, your smartwatch will be reset to the factory settings, which means that all your private data will be lost. To prevent this, it is advisable to make a backup beforehand. If your Apple Watch is paired with an iPhone, proceed as follows:
- Place the Apple Watch and iPhone side by side.
- Open the Apple Watch app on the iPhone, select the My Watch menu and tap the corresponding device.
- Tap the info icon ” i ” and select the Unpair Apple Watch option
- Confirm that the cellular tariff should remain.
- Enter the password of your Apple ID to confirm the process again.
- Now a backup for the Apple Watch is set up on your iPhone. The Smart Watch is then automatically decoupled and reset.
If you want to reset the Apple Watch without an iPhone, do the following:
- Open the settings on the Apple Watch .
- Go to General and tap Reset .
- Select Settings & delete content here
- Confirm that the cellular tariff should remain, and then tap Clear All .
- As soon as you have confirmed the process by entering your Apple ID, your Apple Watch will be reset to the factory settings.