I forgot Apple ID-How to restore it (unlock Apple id)
When using Apple products and services, everything revolves around the so-called Apple ID. This is very practical as it links all of the Apple services and devices you use to your profile. But what to do if you forget the password for this important account? As a rule, this is no longer tragic. In this guide you will find out how to get your access data within a very short time.
What is an Apple ID and what do I need it for?
Almost nothing works without Apple without the Apple ID. It is a kind of personal account that you use to access all Apple services, such as iTunes, FaceTime, iCloud or the App Store.
The Apple ID includes your email address and an associated password (not the password that belongs to your email account). Your Apple ID is used to link all contact and security data in connection with Apple services and devices and also to process payments.
Forgot Apple ID username: what can you do?
The Apple ID is your individual profile for all Apple services and devices that you use. It is therefore important to find out the access data for this profile as soon as possible if you should have forgotten it.
You can determine your Apple ID username as follows:
- Calls in your browser the Apple ID page on.
- Click on Forgot Apple ID or Password? . You can find this selection below the input mask for the registration.
- In the following window you will be asked to enter your Apple ID (what is meant here is your e-mail address, which serves as the user name). However, since this is no longer available, click below the input field on If you have forgotten your Apple ID, you can search for it here .
- Now enter your first and last name and various email addresses that you could have used to create your Apple ID.
- Click on Continue below the input fields. You will then receive a message on your screen as to whether your input has found an email address that was used to create an Apple ID.
As an alternative to this approach, you can also try the following ways to get back to the user name of your Apple profile: Just check whether you are logged on to one of your Apple devices or with your Apple ID. For example, if you are logged into iTunes or iCloud with your Apple ID, the email address associated with your Apple ID is displayed in one of the following menus.
Here you can check on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch whether you are logged in to certain services with your Apple ID:
- Settings > iTunes & App Store
- Settings > iCloud
- Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
- Settings > FaceTime
- Settings> Mail , Contacts, Calendar
Here you can check on your Mac or PC whether you are logged in to certain services with your Apple ID:
- Apple > System Preferences > iCloud
- Start “Mail”: Mail > Preferences > Accounts
- Start “Calendar”: Calendar > Settings > Accounts
- Start “Face Time”: FaceTime > Settings > Settings
- Run “news”: News > Settings > Accounts
There is a third way to get a forgotten Apple ID username. However, this requires that you have purchased at least one item in iTunes in the past. If so, go to the article in iTunes under My Music . There, you should be in the information below Bought by display, which Apple ID you have e-mail address or use.
How can I change my Apple ID password?
If you want to change your Apple ID password, follow these steps:
- Sign up on the side of your Apple ID accounts to.
- Click the section Safety on Change Password .
- Give your old password and then a new password , and confirm the new password.
- Click Change Password .
I forgot my password, how can I reset it?
You know the username for your Apple ID, but have you forgotten the associated password?
To reset your Apple ID password, do the following:
- Call up iforgot.apple in your browser.
- Now enter the email address that will be used as the username for your Apple ID. Click afterwards on Continue .
- You will then be shown how you can reset your password.
Depending on which security functions you have set up / activated in the past, you will be offered one or more of the following procedures:
- Answer security questions: Security questions are set during the setup of an Apple ID. These can be questions about the name of your first pet or the location of your first vacation.
- Receive email: This method sends you an email to the address you specified as your Apple ID username. You can use this email to set a new password for your Apple ID.
- Two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication is an optional security feature for your account. You can use a so-called verified device to reset your password for the Apple ID.
- Two-step confirmation: The two-step confirmation is also an additional safety precaution. Here, two different codes and a verified Apple device are used if you have forgotten your Apple ID password and want to reset it.
Both the two-step confirmation and the two-factor authentication serve to prove the identity of the user and thus ensure that nobody but you can access your Apple account – even if someone else knows your password.
Here’s how to change your Apple ID email address
If necessary, you can also easily change the data of your Apple ID profile – for example, if the linked e-mail address is out of date and you now want to use another one in connection with your Apple ID.
To change the email address you use for your Apple ID profile, do the following:
- Sign out wherever you use your Apple ID. This includes both Apple services and corresponding devices.
- Call appleid.apple and log in there with your Apple ID.
- Use the menu sequence Account > Edit > Change Apple ID . You may be asked to answer security questions.
- Now enter the new email address. Apple will then send you an email with the verification code to this electronic mailbox.
- Open the corresponding mail in your email inbox. Leave the browser window of your Apple ID profile open.
- Finally, enter the code from the email in the fields provided on the website with your profile. Your Apple ID email address should now be changed.
How can I restore my Apple ID?
Apple may lock or disable your Apple ID, for example if you have entered your password incorrectly too many times. You can tell that your account has been blocked by logging in by one of the following notices:
- This Apple ID has been deactivated for security reasons.
- You cannot log in because your account has been deactivated for security reasons.
- This Apple ID has been blocked for security reasons.
Your Apple account is not lost forever:
In this case, too, you can first try to unlock and restore your account via iforgot.apple . To do this, however – just like when logging in with your Apple ID – you need the associated password. If you have forgotten the password and you enter it incorrectly several times, your account will be blocked at least until the next day . Then you will get another try to recover your Apple ID.
Alternatively, you can also reset your password via the website in order to use a new one and to gain access to your account again.
Forgot Apple ID or password – Apple offers solutions
In the event that you have forgotten the password for your Apple ID or the associated e-mail address (which acts as a user name), Apple has taken precautions: In both cases, you can ideally use several solutions.
The focus is always on the specially set up Apple ID website. Nevertheless, there are one or two things to consider: How you can reset a forgotten password depends, for example, on which security functions you have set up in the past.