Huawei P40 Lite and Huawei P40 Pro – comparison (2020)
In the first quarter of 2020, the Chinese manufacturer launched smartphones from the long-awaited P40 series. Their predecessors were primarily known for their very good cameras, high-quality displays and efficient components. What do the parameters mentioned look like in the minimalist version, i.e. in the Huawei P40 Lite and Huawei P40 Pro?
Huawei P40 Lite and Huawei P40 Pro – technical parameters
If you compare the smartphone in the Lite version with the smartphone in the Pro version, you can expect many differences in the technical parameters of both devices. It is no different with the Huawei P40 Lite and Huawei P40 Pro . The design is different.
The Huawei P40 Pro has no frame and also has two front cameras. The Huawei P40 Lite has a much more familiar design with a thicker screen frame and a standard selfie camera. The appearance of the back of the smartphones is also different – especially the layout of the cameras.
Which parameters distinguish the two smartphones and which of them is better to buy considering the price differences?
• The Huawei P40 Pro is equipped with a larger 6.58-inch display. The Lite version has a display with a screen diagonal of 6.58 inches. The advanced version of the smartphone also offers much better picture quality because it has an OLED screen with a higher resolution. The slimmed down version of the P40 has an IPS TFT display.
• The Huawei P40 Pro weighs 209 g and is slightly heavier than the smaller Huawei P40 Lite, which weighs 183 g.
• The P40 in the Pro version is waterproof and dustproof according to the IP68 standard.
• Both smartphones are equipped with 4200 mAh batteries that support SuperCharge fast charging technology. However, the Huawei P40 Pro supports inductive charging.
• The Huawei P40 Pro has twice as much internal storage as the P40 Lite: 256 GB instead of 128 GB.
• The Pro model also has a larger RAM: 8 GB. However, the lite version is available with 6 GB of RAM.
• The smartphones are equipped with different processors. The HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G processor contained in the Huawei P40 Pro achieves a better clock rate. The less efficient HiSilicon Kirin 810 processor works under the hood of the P40 Lite. Both models also have different GPUs.
• Both the Huawei P40 Pro and the Huawei P40 Lite have four camera lenses on the back. However, the lenses on the Pro model are larger: 50, 40, 12 megapixels and one lens just for better depth of field. The slimmed-down model has cameras with 48, 8 and 2 megapixel lenses. The P40 Pro also has a fivex optical zoom, a double flash lamp and a larger aperture.
• The Pro version also has a 32-megapixel front camera, which also has a second lens for better depth of field. This selfie camera records videos in a higher resolution. However, the front camera on the Lite model has 16 megapixels.
• In contrast to the Huawei P40 Pro, the Huawei P40 Lite has no gyroscope, no Hall sensor and does not support 5G networks.
• The Huawei P40 Lite has a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Huawei P40 Lite and Huawei P40 Pro – conclusion
The Huawei P40 Pro is clearly a more efficient smartphone than the Huawei P40 Lite, so it is over 680 euros more expensive than its Lite version .
It pays to consider this price difference when choosing your preferred smartphone because it is significant. Given the low price of the P40 Lite model, you will surely appreciate the device’s decent parameters.
For many, the large battery capacity, the relatively large internal memory and access to the audio jack, which is not included in the Pro version, can be an advantage. However, there is nothing to hide – the Huawei P40 Pro guarantees higher computing power, water and dust resistance, a much better camera and a much better image quality.