Huawei Mate 40 Pro: 5 Things you don’t Know
Mate 40 Pro is now available for pre-order not only on the Huawei Store, but also at large retailers, telephone operators and Amazon.it. Announced last week, Huawei’s top range offers users the proprietary ecosystem based on HMS (therefore there are no Google services ), including an increasingly rich App Gallery and the Petal Search widget.
There are many elements that distinguish the smartphone from the competitors’ proposals, starting from the Horizon Display consisting of a 6.7 “curved 88 ° OLED panel with 90Hz refresh rate and 240Hz sampling rate, the Kirin 9000 processor , the triple rear camera with 50MP main sensor, 20MP wide angle and 12MP telephoto with 5x periscope zoom.
It is a smartphone with great potential given by the photographic sector, as well as by the refresh rate of the display, by the possibility of recharging the battery in an ultra-fast way to 66W via cable or 50W wirelessly and by compatibility with a renewed M-Pen 2 , which opens the doors to professional use of the device. He has been talked about far and wide these days, having captured the attention of insiders and simple enthusiasts curious to find out if the promises of the technical data sheet actually correspond to a true top of the range operation.
We had the opportunity to have a first contact with the smartphone, and by showing it we want to focus on 5 aspects of the Huawei Mate 40 Pro that (perhaps) you did not know .
THE 5 THINGS YOU (MAYBE) DID NOT KNOW ABOUT MATE 40 PRO
- It is the first smartphone on the market that can count on the performance of the Kirin 9000 processor , in turn the first 5nm SoC with integrated 5G modem. Made by TSMC, it has 15.3 billion transistors and integrates a 24-core Mali-G78MP24 GPU – again this is a market debut – that the Chinese company itself calls ” the most powerful ever seen on a Huawei device “. The processor is an octa-core consisting of 1 Cortex-A77 @ 3.13GHz core, 3 Cortex-A77 @ 2.54GHz cores and 4 Cortex-A55 @ 2.05GHz cores.
Also new are NPU Dual Big Core + Tiny Core and ISP, or the Image Signal Processor, now in its sixth generation. With this solution Huawei ensures better HDR processing for videos and images.
Last, but certainly not least, is the integrated 5G modem : it is the multi-mode Balong 5000 model , capable of simultaneously managing the sub-6GHz spectrum of 5G and previous generation networks.
- Mate 40 Pro is the smartphone that offers the fastest charging system in the world: the 4,400mAh battery can in fact rely on two different modes, namely the 66W wired Supercharge or the 50W wireless SuperCharge . In short, on paper, recharge times will no longer be a problem.
- The Space Ring Design, a circular module that houses the three rear cameras: 50MP f / 1.9, 20MP wide-angle f / 1.8 and 12MP telephoto f / 3.4, makes the Mate 40 Pro look almost unique. OIS. DxOMark has already rewarded the smartphone by calling it ” a monster of the dynamic range “. 136 points and first in the standings, with special praise for the photos – great even in low light conditions, fast AF and good balance between noise and detail retention. The videos are no less with recording up to 4K @ 60fps: 116 points and here again first place in the standings.
- Didn’t the Mate 30 Pro gesture control modes convince you? No problem, Mate 40 Pro improves them and supports us with the ability to manage settings even with the classic side buttons, which here represent a welcome return.
More generally, Mate 40 Pro provides the Smart Gesture Control to control the smartphone without touching it: the classic movement is to pass your hand over the display to activate it or, alternatively, to scroll through the web pages. A little gem is also the Eyes on Display, which allows you to raise or lower the volume and access customizable screens simply by looking at the display.
Therefore, if to control the smartphone we have the double gesture / buttons option, to carry out a search we can rely on the universal Petal Search engine, which also provides a convenient widget to find your favorite apps and receive suggestions.
- Petal Maps and the Huawei Docs suite are pre-installed on the Mate 40 Pro, offering all the tools you need to navigate (Maps) and work (Docs). On Petal Maps, gestures to interact without touching the screen come into play here too: there are immersive maps in 2 and 3D, positioning services, search for places, real-time updates on traffic and transport.
Docs allow you to work in the cloud both alone and with colleagues: support for more than 50 formats is provided.
The price of the Huawei Mate 40 Pro is 1,249 euros . As mentioned, you can find it in pre-order on the official website and, from today, also in electronics stores and on Amazon.it. Those who pre-order by November 15 (or complete the purchase) will receive free Huawei FreeBuds Pro, 6 months of Huawei Music, 3 months of Huawei Video and 50GB of extra space on the Huawei Cloud for 12 months.