The deadline is approaching soon; all unregistered phones will be blocked otherwise.
I hope by now everyone has heard about getting your phones registered by PTA, in case you haven’t, do not worry, basically Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has issues a warning to all mobile phone users that they need to get their phone sets registered by PTA and they also have a deadline for November.
Phone Bech Dou has created an easy guide for all of you who are looking to get their phones registered ASAP, just follow our easy instructions below and be care free in no time!
There are several ways to get your phones registered however, the first thing you need in order to register your phone is your mobile phones IMEI number.
For those of you who do not know the IMEI number, please click on the link and read our article on it: https://www.phonebechdou.com/blog/what-is-imei-number/
The 3 distinct ways to get your phones registered are as follows:
Once you have your IMEI number, you will send it to the following number :8484 via sms, you will get one of the following replies:
- IMEI is compliant-
- this means your mobile is genuine and it is already registered, hence no action is needed.
- Device’s IMEI is valid insert sim and make a call/sms to anyone for auto registration-
- this message means the device is valid as it is GSMA approved but not PTA compliant. To register just insert a sim in the phone and make a call, send an sms or use the internet before the deadline. In case of dual sim mobile phone, you will need to use both sim slots.
- Device’s IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all your sims in this device and use it before the deadline-
- this message means that your phones IMEI is either not allocated by GSMA or it is duplicated for a user. You will be required to insert all your sims you are planning to use with this device, one by one, which will pair up your device with the given sims, your phone will then be registered by PTA automatically.
- Device’s IMEI is blocked reported stolen-
- this means your phone has been report stolen to PTA and if you have recovered your phone, you will need to get in touch with PTA.
- PTA’S WEBSITE:
Second way is through PTA website. just visit the following website and follow the instructions provided there, your phone will be registered in no time.
- MOBILE PHONE APP:
Lastly, you can also download the PTA Mobile mobile app, and follow the easy instructions to get your phone registered.
Do not forget, the deadline is approaching soon, and none of us would like a blocked phone, so hurry up and register NOW!