HOW TO CHOOSE GOOD HEADPHONES: BEST TIPS FOR BEGINNERS
Often there is a desire to turn on the radio or your own music collection on the road or in the office, in a store or transport. Good headphones come in handy here. They can be connected to a wide variety of devices:
- music centers.
How to choose the right headphones to enjoy clear and loud sound? Which headphones are right for you? What should you pay attention to when buying in the first place? This will be discussed in our review.
Varieties of headphones
There are three main forms of earbuds:
1. Plug-in – the most common, compact and convenient for connecting to mobile devices.
2. Vacuum – provide direct transmission of sound inside the ear canal, without passing external noise.
3. Overhead – transmit the most natural sound, do not affect auditory changes, but can be quite impressive in size.
The earplugs are fixed directly in the user’s ear or using special clips. Over-ear headphones attach to the head with a rim or neckband. Connecting wires can extend from one or both cups of the device. There are also wireless devices, headsets, combined with a microphone system.
Main technical characteristics
How to choose headphones depending on their functional performance? To do this, you should familiarize yourself with the list of technical parameters that characterize each individual model. These include:
1. Frequency range – has a direct impact on sound quality.
2. Sensitivity – determines the volume and clarity of the sound of the listening compositions.
3. Resistance – Resistance values are related to the acoustic power of the instrument. They allow you to choose the most suitable headphones depending on the type of device to which you will connect.
4. Power Limit – Indicates the maximum volume that the selected headphones can provide.
5. Distortion level – shows the clarity of the sound, which you can appreciate when listening to compositions in different frequency ranges.
Individual approach to buying headphones
When choosing headphones in a store, pay special attention to the shape, weight and design of this accessory. It is the individual characteristics that determine the comfort of using the headphones in each case.
If the mobility of the device is important to you, for which you are ready to sacrifice some sound quality and lightness of the device, then your choice is wireless headphones. However, be aware of the need to maintain battery power and the possibility of additional noise.
For those who wish to use miniature headphones, you should take a closer look at the “earbuds” and “earplugs”. They are almost invisible in the ears and can easily fit in a pocket or cosmetic bag.
Adherents of the purest and most natural sound will find a decent model among the monitor headphones. Such devices are often used by DJs, as well as connoisseurs of surround sound in computer games.