HOW TO CHOOSE A SCREEN PROTECTOR OR GLASS FOR YOUR PHONE?
The only serious drawback is that it is weakly counteracting blows. If the device is dropped with the screen down from a height of 1-2 meters, the display will crack.
Types of protective films
It is so inconspicuous that you need to look closely to see it. An excellent example of such protection is the 2E film for 7-8 “tablets . The cheapest film (up to 100 UAH) is enough for 2-3 months of operation. Then jags, scratches and other” delights “of using a smartphone will begin to appear on the surface. Films are more expensive (200 + UAH) will live for a year Disadvantage – marks are visible.
Steals footprints and sun glare, but the picture itself may appear slightly “grainy”. And the cheaper the film, the more “vintage” what is happening on the display will look. Durability is the same as gloss.
The choice for those who want to be “in style” and forget about looking for a mirror. When the mobile phone is blocked, the protective shell turns into a “mirror”, where you can see yourself with little or no color distortion. When the screen of the mobile phone is turned on, the image becomes dimmer than it would be without the film.
There are almost no such models on the market. If you look at the display directly, you can see what is happening. If you deviate, the image disappears, leaving silhouettes.
Films are divided according to the fixing method. Before choosing a film, you need to decide on the type of gluing. Some models can be re-glued until you get the perfect result. In the case of the latter, you have to rely on sleight of hand. Read more about them below:
- Static – with a silicone coating, which is attached to the display without glue. To do this, you need to degrease the screen so that the surface is clean and smooth. Then they are easily attached to the display and react normally to “plywood”. You can exercise at home for those who are just learning to put a defense.
- Adhesive – attached to the screen with special glue. You need to work quickly, smoothly and accurately, because you won’t be able to re-glue.
Installation tools and methods
As you already understood, before gluing the film to the phone, you need to clean it. A set that is designed for this case will help out (you can buy it in stores where phones are sold).
- 2 microfiber napkins (included, but will also work with 2E LUX CLEAN type ” cleaning kits” (2E-SKTR100LGR) ;
- step-by-step instruction;
- scraper (not in all kits);
Take note of the universal way to glue the film on the phone.
- Thoroughly clean the screen to a shine. This is done with the napkins that are in the set: first we go through the screen wet, then dry.
- Without removing the transport part of the film, you should attach it to the smartphone.
- Adjust its position so that all holes match.
- Take a thin tape and carefully “attach” the left side of the film to the body. It doesn’t have to be “gluing for centuries” – it is enough that it does not crawl. Make sure that after “gluing” you can remove the lower shipping part, which says “1. “Please peel off this mask before application” “.
- Carefully peel off the bottom protective layer “1”. It is forbidden to touch the adhesive base, otherwise a print will be left on it.
- Glue the ends of the film, aligning it with the display.
- Remove the protective ball and stick the film tightly, squeezing out the air. It is best to do this with a scraper from the kit or a credit card.
- Carefully remove the top protective layer marked “2. “Please peel off this mask after application” “.
Cleaning the glass on the phone screen
This is one of the most important preparation steps. If the glass is dirty, the next steps are down the drain.
Five step-by-step actions.
1. Choose a dust-
free room. A bathroom will do. The main thing is that at the time of working with the mobile phone there is no humid air. This is necessary so that subtle dust particles do not fall on the screen when gluing.
2. Open the kit
. It should contain 2 microfiber cloths – wet and dry.
3. Wipe the glass with a damp cloth.
It is better to spend 2-3 minutes on this, but work through every area and corner.
4. Wipe dry
The second cloth from the kit is just for this.
5. Proceed to gluing the film
Read how to glue the above text.
If there are no napkins in the kit, or they are both dry, any microfiber cloth or a corner of a terry towel (clean) can be used to clean the screen. Mahra does not exfoliate and thoroughly removes dirt without scratching the screen.
It is better to moisten microfiber with a screen cleaning spray. It is undesirable to sprinkle it on the screen – spots will remain, the film will lie unevenly. Or it will be with pimples.
Protective glass: its types and advantages
Glass is thicker and stronger than film. On average, the thickness of the latter is only 0.6 mm, while the glass is already as much as 2-3 mm.
When dropped “screen down”, the smartphone has a better chance of keeping the screen intact. Often, the protection is shattered, and the device itself remains intact.
The only exceptions are blows “to the side” – then there is a high probability that the display will be damaged. To prevent fiasco, it’s best to wear a case that covers the sensitive areas of your mobile and tablet.
The glass is practical, its advantages are undeniable.
- Does not spoil the color rendition.
- Does not bubble.
- It is easier to stick than a film.
- Does not degrade screen sensitivity.
- Withstands falls and bumps.
But before choosing a protective glass, it would be nice to understand the types of protection. Compared to film, the choice is richer here:
|Glass type||Features of the|
|Matte and glossy||Virtually no different, except for the material and the degree of “protection”. A great example is 2E glass for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE 3D Black.|
|Gradient or patterned||Used to protect the rear panel. It is impractical to glue on the screen – it is not transparent, so some of the content will be hard to see|
|Decorative||Suitable for decorating a smartphone on the back|
|Tempered||A real “armored car” for a smartphone, even though the sausage on it dir. The unique treatment heats it up to 680 ° C and then cools it down with a sharp blast of cold air. This is the most “tenacious” protective glass – withstands pinpoint knife blows, as is the case with|
General installation tips
The procedure for gluing glass does not differ from working with film. It will be necessary to carefully level the coating to squeeze out the air. It is enough to walk on it with a credit card in the direction from the center of the screen to the edges – in order not to give the air a chance to remain protected.
Exactly the same as when applying a film. The main thing is to clean the display of the device from dust and fingerprints before gluing the glass to the phone.
How to protect your phone case
The best protection is prevention! With a mobile phone and a tablet, you need to address “you”: do not scratch and protect from bumps and falls.
Film or glass for a smartphone – which is better?
For thrifty people, film is enough. For those who are not particularly concerned about the safety of a smartphone, it is better to choose glass. For the price, both protection is about the same, for practicality – no. Even budget glass will withstand much more life’s vicissitudes than an average film at the price.