How to change the PIN of your Android smartphone and iPhone?
You can change the PIN of your Android smartphone at any time. Of course, this also applies to all other mobile phones. Our tips show you how to do this.
Change PIN on Android smartphone
If you want to change the SIM card PIN, you have to do this in the security settings of your phone. To do this, open the “Settings” on your home screen.
- Scroll down to “Biometric data and security”. There you will find the selection “Other security settings”.
- The sub-item “Set up SIM lock” is located here. Open it.
- In the next window you determine whether you want to change the PIN or switch off the query.
- If you select “Change SIM card PIN”, you will be asked to enter your current PIN. Now enter the new PIN and again for confirmation. If the numbers match, your PIN has been changed successfully.
Set lock screen
Not only the SIM card can be blocked with a PIN. You can also protect your cell phone from unauthorized access. To do this, you need to activate the lock screen in the settings of your smartphone.
Find the “Lock Screen” section. Now go to the “Lock screen type” item.
In the following menu you determine how you want to protect your phone. Set up a password, get high protection.
iPhone: change PIN – how it works
You can secure your iPhone with two PINs: one for your SIM card and one for the lock screen. This article shows you how to change both codes.
iPhone: Change SIM PIN
Enter the PIN of your SIM card when you start your iPhone. You can use the smartphone without the PIN, but you cannot use it to make calls or write SMS. The four-digit code can be changed at any time.
- To do this, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then tap on the “Phone” entry.
- There you will find the entry “SIM-Pin”. Tap “Change PIN” underneath and enter your old code and the new code twice.
- The next time you start, you can activate your SIM card with the new PIN.
iPhone: Change lock screen PIN
Even without knowing the PIN of your SIM card, strangers can access the apps and data on your iPhone. To prevent this, you need to set up a lock screen PIN. You will then have to enter this code each time to unlock the smartphone. Of course, this password can also be changed:
To do this, start the Settings app again.
There, navigate to the “Password” entry or, for new iOS versions, to “Touch ID & Password”.
To access the menu, enter your current code or put your finger on the sensor – depending on which unlock method you selected.
Then tap on “Change code” and enter your old password and your new PIN twice. Tip: You can use the “6-digit numerical code” instead of the 4-digit code on older devices using the “Code options” button. This offers you more security.