Apple HomePod is not responding – Here’s how to troubleshoot it?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Does HomePod respond to “Hey Siri”?
- Is the HomePod turned on?
- Are there any warning messages?
- Does the HomePod have access to WiFi?
- Is there an internet connection?
- Restart HomePod
- Reset HomePod
Your smart speaker no longer listens to “Hey, Siri” and cannot be addressed in any other way? We’ll tell you what to do when your HomePod stops responding.
If the Apple HomePod has hung up, it often no longer reacts at all or not as it should. Even “Hey, Siri” or pressing buttons often doesn’t help in this case. So that you can use the smart speaker properly again, we have some suggested solutions for you.
Does HomePod respond to “Hey Siri”?
If your smart speaker does not respond when you call the activation word, make sure that you have activated the option:
- Hold down the top of your HomePod and say “Activate ‘Hey Siri'”
- Alternatively: Open the Home app, hold HomePod and go to Settings . Check here whether “Hey, Siri” is switched on and activate it if necessary.
Also, check what volume is set . The smart speaker may react, but it is too quiet.
Is the HomePod turned on?
It can happen that the Apple loudspeaker is switched off and therefore does not respond. For example because of a power failure. Make sure the HomePod is turned on and has power.
- Say “Hey Siri.” – If the HomePod responds, it’s on. If it doesn’t respond, it may be over.
- Alternatively, you can open the Home app on your iOS device. Tap the HomePod panel and play music. If that doesn’t work, the loudspeaker is switched off.
Are there any warning messages?
If your HomePod can’t access your Wi-Fi network, Apple ID, or other information, it will warn you. You can see them on the display of your iPhone or iPad. There you will also find details and suggested solutions. To do this, press and hold the HomePod button in the Home or Rooms tab .
Does the HomePod have access to WiFi?
If you change your password or if you move your HomePod to another location, the smart speaker can lose its connection to the network. Make sure it’s connected to WiFi. Only then does it work properly.
- Say “Hey Siri” – If there’s a problem, Siri will alert you to it.
- If you see the WLAN warning in the Home app, the speaker is having connection problems.
- Change the WiFi connection manually:
- Open the Home app
- Tap HomePod and hold the Option pressed
- Go to Settings and tap HomePod to move [name of your WiFi network] .
Wait a few seconds after each attempt to make sure the speaker has connected to the network.
Is there an internet connection?
Sometimes it happens that the HomePod has connected properly to the WiFi, but your router cannot access the internet. In this case, you should turn your router on and off to reconnect. If that doesn’t work, the problem may be with your DSL provider .
If the Apple speaker still doesn’t respond, you should restart. You can find out how this works in our article Restarting the Apple HomePod .
If a restart does not help you, you should reset the Apple speaker to the factory settings. This works via the home app or via the top of the speaker.