4 Methods to Move Phone Application to Card Storage in 2021
Running out of built-in storage on a smartphone is a headache for its owner. In most cases, memory is consumed by applications and their associated generated data. The question arises: how to free up space on the phone? After all, you don’t really want to delete programs.
It is convenient to save them to flash memory! Not only utility files are transferred here, but also the cache and saved data. Not sure how to move apps to your storage card? In practice, this is not difficult – read the article where everything is described in detail.
Is it worth storing apps on an SD card at all?
This is a pertinent question. The answer is of course yes!
- Firstly, it offloads the smartphone’s memory. Numeric apps and data in the on-board memory slow down the device dramatically.
- Secondly. This is a guarantee that if the phone breaks down, the user will not lose important data. If the gadget cannot be repaired, you can remove the memory card and put it in the slot of another device and work with all the data from there. In the case of a built-in card, this is technically difficult, and is done only at the level of engineering disassembly.
- Thirdly. If a system crash occurs on the device, a backup is made. As a result, all information is deleted from the device’s memory, and the settings are rolled back to the factory settings, and all accounts are exited. However, the changes do not apply to the SD card! Again, important data and passwords remain active.
- Fourth. Games tend to take up a lot of memory. The problem is solved by simply transferring them to an SD card. Just keep in mind that they can slow down from flash memory.
Can you transfer applications to a memory card?
Yes, if they are downloaded and uploaded by you personally. In turn, the system utilities cannot be moved. You should also make sure that the developer of your smartphone and the portable program has provided this opportunity. Certain games and utilities can be copied and moved only partially.
How to move apps to SD card?
Despite the discrepancies in the process of transferring programs on different firmware, the algorithm of actions on the part of the user is approximately identical. This manual will probably work in your case as well.
Initially, check that the flash memory is properly seated in the slot of the mobile device. Then go to Android options and switch to Applications. From the list of installed games and programs, select those that you want to “send” to the card.
In the menu of the selected program, click the transfer button. Here, if necessary, the data can be returned to the device memory.
How to transfer apps to Xiaomi memory card if the transfer button is inactive (or not at all)? Most likely, this option is not supported by the program. Can’t transfer toys and other programs as well? This means that the matter is in the smartphone – it does not have such a function.
Certain configurations of mobile phones running the sixth Android and more recent OS versions provide the ability to use a flash drive as part of the integrated memory. This allows you to move all applications at the same time. How to transfer files from phone to Android memory card?
- In the phone options, enter the section responsible for memory management.
- In the SD card menu, click “Format”.
- After clicking on – “As internal storage”, proceed according to the prompts of the system. Otherwise, this option is not available on your smartphone. Important! Formatting the memory card will erase all information from the memory card. In addition, the drive cannot be used with other devices until the next formatting is performed.
- Transfer the programs to the memory card, after which the device will perceive it as part of the internal memory.
It should be noted that this procedure with programs can be carried out in the opposite direction.
Using third-party programs
For many smartphones, the above methods are not suitable. Of course, there is no separate list of devices, but this is common. How can I move applications to a SD card in this case?
Use root ‑ rights and try to move programs using third party utilities! Of course, there is no guarantee of the effectiveness of each specific application, but you can try the method.
A very simple, intuitive, and most importantly, completely free program available on Google Play. Installed in a few clicks. When Link2SD starts, it displays a list of programs – select the desired application, scroll to the footer of the page and click “Transfer to SD-card”. Actually, that’s all. As you can see, this program is similar to the system method.
The main thing is that she has root rights. But, how to transfer apps to Huawei memory card if the option is not available?
There are two ways: reboot the device or reinstall superuser rights on the smartphone.
An effective option, but, alas, it does not work on all devices. The program should be downloaded from Google Play. In addition to the application transfer option, it provides a number of other useful functions: removing system junk and duplicate files, removing background tasks from memory, creating a backup, etc.
Moving programs is as follows: in the main menu, select “Application Manager”, then mark those that need to be sent to the flash memory and click the blue button below. Ready.
Folder Mount (ROOT)
One of the best programs for transferring an application to a memory card. However, it requires a significant number of steps. Nevertheless, the result is achieved in almost 100% of cases. So what is to be done.
- Install the program, run.
- In the “Application Analyzer” (in the “List of pairs”) and click on the extreme item.
- Two windows appear – “data” and “obb”, one of them is active.
- In the message shown, click “Create Pair” – the “Folder Options” will be displayed. Here you can see the name of the file, where it is located and where it will be transferred. If all options are suitable, put the corresponding checkbox. At what stage the process is, you can see in the top drop-down menu.
In the end, you should return to the original Folder Mount window and activate the slider on the SD card between the program and the transferred folder.
Also, using this application, you can transfer the game cache to a flash card.
AppMgr III (App 2 SD)
The simplest application that does not require a lot of space, superuser access, and any technical knowledge.
After starting, the entire list of available programs appears on the main screen. In the left side menu, click “Move” – ”OK”. Actually, the whole procedure.
Among the auxiliary functions of the program are the following:
- Hiding the program icon from the general menu.
- Settings for notification about the completion of the installation of the program.
- Fast cache clearing.
Sorting in the software interface is made in the form of convenient tabs, intuitively understandable even for a beginner. The AppMgr application is also convenient to use because it divides all utilities into three types by default:
- On phone – support moving, located in the phone memory.
- On SD card – already transferred to the SD card.
- Phone only – programs that do not support moving.
This option makes it easy to estimate the amount of information before moving files from the phone to the memory card. Android is compatible with other utilities that perform a similar task. The app works great on tablet PCs. The downside is that some phone configurations require the latest OS firmware. If it is Android 4.2 (or higher), no additional settings are required. If not, the “operating system” should be updated.
An advanced way to copy more apps
As we said, not all programs are subject to transfer. However, there is one good way.
Before transferring data from your phone to a memory card, install the SDK utility. Connect your smartphone to a laptop or stationary PC via USB. The further algorithm is as follows.
- Run the SDK utility, look for the adb file and copy its path.
- Paste the copied path in the command line, adding the command: C: \ android-sdk-windows \ platform-tools \ adb shell.
- Press the “Enter” key, which will result in a dollar sign on the next line.
- We register SetInstallLocation 2 and confirm the input. The $ sign should appear.
- Disconnect the phone from the PC, go to the “Applications” menu. As a result, there are many more utilities available for porting.