How to take a long screenshot on Android: Best Guide for Beginners in 2021
In some cases, you need to take a long scrolling screenshot on an Android device. In particular, this applies to web pages where all information does not fit on one screen. The new version of the operating system allows you to do this by built-in tools. Also, third-party software, which is available for free download, will help with this. In the “System Administrator’s Blog” we will look at how to take a long screenshot on Android.
Method 1: built-in Android capabilities
Most of the well-known manufacturers have built-in functions for taking a long screenshot into the firmware. But depending on the model, the sequence of actions may differ. Find out how you can capture a screen, perhaps on the official website or on specialized forums.
Using the Samsung M31 with Android 11 as an example, let’s take a look at how to take a scrolling screenshot:
- Open the page of the site or application where you want to capture the screen.
- Slide the edge of your palm across the screen to either side.
- A panel with functional buttons will appear at the bottom.
- Tap on the icon on the left in the form of a double arrow. One click equals one step. If necessary, you can grab the page to the end by tapping the button the appropriate number of times.
After that, the screenshot taken will be available in the “Gallery”. System functions allow you to immediately share the image or correct it using the built-in editor.
Method 2: third-party applications
Not all devices allow you to take a long screenshot using system tools, so there is additional software for this. One of the most functional and popular solutions is the LongShot application. It is available for free download from the official Play Market.
After the software is downloaded and installed, proceed as follows to create a long screenshot:
1. On first launch, allow the application to access photos and media files on your phone.
2. Select the “Web Page Snapshot” section.
3. In the built-in browser that appears, enter the URL of the site whose page you want to take a screenshot of.
4. Click on the “OK” button to make the transition.
5. After the page is fully loaded, find the area from which the screen will be captured and click on the “Select start position” button.
6. Scroll to the final location and select the button at the bottom – “Finish and take a screenshot.”
The finished screenshot will be displayed on the screen. The image will be automatically saved in the “Gallery” of the smartphone, so no additional manipulations are required.
The LongShot app offers three modes for taking screenshots:
- “Screenshot”, which selects the application where you want to capture;
- “Snapshot from a web page” uses an integrated browser, with which it is possible to go to a page on the Internet;
- “Select Image” is a mode in which the user glues several pictures from the “Gallery” on his own.
It is not always convenient to use such software, especially to enter the address of the site to which you need to go, but at the same time it is possible to create a screenshot of the page completely with scrolling. Write in the comments what methods do you use?