How to set or change the default browser on Android in 2021?
- The default browser – what is it
- How to change or set your default browser
- Method 1: system settings
- Method 2: pop-up when following a link
- Method 3: browser options
When you click on the link from the applications, the Android system prompts you to select the browser in which the site will be opened. You can also automatically switch to a program that is practically not used for various reasons. You can install or change the default browser yourself. In the “System Administrator’s Blog” we will analyze how this can be done.
The default browser – what is it
All devices with Internet access have a preinstalled browser. If it is alone, then all links to Internet pages will open only in it. That is why the program is considered the default.
If several browsers are installed on the smartphone, then after clicking on the link to go to the site, a window is displayed each time where you need to select an application. It should be noted that some applications have an integrated browser through which all links open by default. If it is not there, then they will be launched through third-party software.
How to change or set your default browser
You can change the default browser through the system settings of the operating system. This is also done using browser options. Let’s see how this can be done in several ways.
Method 1: system settings
To select the default browser, do the following:
1. Open the Android main menu, then find the “Settings” item. In version 11 of the OS, you can open the system parameters through the upper curtain, if you swipe it down and select the gear icon.
2. Open the “Applications” section in the list.
3. In the list of installed software, find your preferred browser and tap on its name.
4. In the “Default settings” section, click on the “Web browser” item.
5. A window will open displaying the browsers installed on the smartphone.
6. Check the required item.
Other applications are configured in the same way. For example, to open multimedia files or documents.
Method 2: pop-up when following a link
Another way to set the default browser is to select it in the pop-up window when you click on the link. In this case, two options will appear: “Only now” or “Always”. In order for all the pages to which the transition is made to start in the selected program, you need to select the second option.
In some versions of the Android operating system, a checkbox opens, where you need to mark that browser. If you select the “Remember this choice” item, then it will always open when you click on the link.
The functionality of mobile browsers assumes the ability to change the default application. Using Yandex Browser as an example, let’s see how to do this:
1. Launch Yandex Browser and tap the three vertical dots icon to the left of the smart address bar.
2. Select the “Default Browser” section.
3. In the pop-up window, select the desired option and confirm the action.
You can change the default browser on an Android device in several ways through the system settings or using the program settings, if they are provided. Earlier, we looked at how to record Android screen video in Google Play Games . Write in the comments which browser you are using.