how to restore android phone from google backup?
Creating an Android backup in the cloud is a good idea. Unfortunately, it is not so easy to completely back up all data there. We show how you can still get your data into the cloud.
Android backup in Google’s cloud
Above all, creating a complete backup on Android devices fails due to a lack of rights. If you have not rooted your device, you can only directly access your own files, such as self-created pictures and videos. However, Android offers the user to back up his data in Google Drive:
- Open the settings.
- Select the menu item “Save and reset”.
- Tap on “Back up my data”.
- You will find your backups later in Google Drive under the item Backups. However, some apps only save the settings.
Sync contacts and calendars with Google
You can also synchronize certain data, such as contacts, calendars and emails, with your Google account. This also ends up in the cloud:
- Open the “Settings” app on your smartphone and switch to “Accounts and synchronization”.
- Now select your Google account.
- Activate the slider for backing up the desired data.
- The data is now regularly synchronized.
- In addition, you can manually initiate synchronization via the menu with the three items.
- For many apps, such as WhatsApp, you can also activate a separate cloud backup. This is also created in Google Drive.
You can also have Google automatically save your pictures in the cloud. Google offers you unlimited storage space for this.
Backup using third-party apps
Alternatively, you can also use apps from other providers. We looked at the “G Cloud” app as an example. Please note that mostly only a small quota of free storage space is granted.
- Download the app from the PlayStore.
- After installation, you need to register with a mail account or a Google+ account.
- The app requires authorization to access certain data in order to be able to back it up.
- You can choose which data should be backed up. However, the content of subsequently installed apps is not included.
- You can also specify that backups should only be made in the WLAN and with the mains plug connected.
- After the backup is complete, you will receive an overview of the memory usage.
- If you don’t have enough storage space of 1 GB, you have to buy additional storage space.
Some manufacturers, such as LG or Huawei, also offer the option of backing up data with their own apps. If you would rather save your data locally anyway , we will show you in another practical tip how this works.