7 Steps to Save an Accidental Water Drop Smartphone
How to fix a water damaged phone that wont turn on?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- “Checking the USB Port: Moisture Detected”: Solutions
- This is how you prevent the problem
If you plug your charging cable into your Samsung mobile phone or tablet, the message “Moisture detected” may appear on the screen in some cases. The charging process is aborted and a loud signal tone is played instead.
We will help you to eliminate the error so that you can recharge the battery of your Samsung mobile phone correctly. The message appears on all current Samsung models, including the Samsung Galaxy S10, but also on old devices such as the Galaxy S8 or S6. The full message reads “ Checking the port. Moisture detected. To charge your device, make sure your charger / USB port is dry ”.
“Checking the USB Port: Moisture Detected”: Solutions
The devices of the Samsung Galaxy series are equipped with a humidity sensor. This is activated as soon as moisture is detected at the charging connection. To prevent damage to the device, the charging process is aborted and the warning is displayed. Therefore, first remove the charging cable. You can do this when reporting:
- It is safest to put the phone aside and let it dry. Wait a few hours and then reconnect the charging cable.
- If you don’t have time to wait or are too impatient, wipe the charging socket and the USB charging cable with a cloth . The cloth must of course be dry and free of dust and lint so as not to make the problem worse.
- The use of a hair dryer is not recommended as this can cause the smartphone to become too hot and cause further problems.
A software problem can also trigger the error message. So restart the device and try to recharge it. If the message still appears, proceed as follows:
- Control the settings of the Samsung device.
- Go to the Apps section .
- Here you can view the system applications .
- In the USB settings, open the Storage section .
- Delete the data using the button.
You should also start the device in ” safe mode “. Only the most necessary apps and settings are loaded here. To do this, first switch off the Samsung device and restart it. When the Samsung logo appears, press the volume down button for a few seconds. Check again to see if your phone can be charged.
If that doesn’t help either, turn off the device and put it aside for a few hours so that the charging port dries completely. If the problem persists, contact Samsung customer service or a repair service . There may be a serious device fault that requires repair.
This is how you prevent the problem
There are a few things you should pay attention to so that there is no annoying message in the first place:
- Prevent your device from getting wet.
- For example, be careful when you take your Samsung phone out of your pocket in the rain and go to a dry place.
- If you like to listen to music in the bathroom, for example when showering, water splashes and high humidity can also lead to problems.
- Even when doing sports, it is sometimes unavoidable that sweat comes into contact with the charging socket and triggers the corresponding error.
Therefore, make sure that your Samsung smartphone is adequately protected during all wet activities and, for example, use a proper protective cover.